Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baby Bjørn

So usually when people who don't have kids are called to teach primary it makes them not want kids even more. Well, somehow it had the opposite effect on me. I'm still not sure what happened. I never thought I'd see the day where I really wanted to have a child of my own. But now I have. So on May 10th, the day AFTER mothers day :(, after Kell had left for work I decided to take a pregnancy test. Thinking there was no way it was going to be positive. But then it was! I still didn't believe it. The line was so faint I just couldn't believe it. Plus it was a cheap test from Dollar Tree. So I showed up to Kell's work for his first break. He came out to find me sitting in his car. I showed him the test and I don't think he believed it either, but of course we were still excited. So to put our disbelief away I bought another pregnancy test before his lunch break. Kell had lunch at 11:30 so I picked him up and we drove to the nearest public bathroom...Burgerville. I went in and did my thing and sure enough a big plus sign appeared right away. I hurried out to the car and showed him. We spent the rest of his lunch sitting in the Burgerville parking lot...talking about babies.


8 week ultrasound :) Isn't she beautiful! I might be hoping for a girl.
I will be 12 weeks along on Friday (July 2nd). Due on January 14th, 2011.

10 comments:

  1. i almost just cried a little.

    this is the GREATEST!!!!

    let's hang out :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO BAMBOOZLED.
    oh linds. my stinking phone broke yesterday and the second i read this i picked it up to call/text you. uhgg. YAY!!!! you two! my mouth, to the ground. so happy! get better at blogging and post belly pics. and your baby's middle name should be gummy bar. love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LINDSAAAAAAY!!! This is such happy news! Congratulations! I told Trevor since we got married on the same day that now we have to have a baby on the same day too! (meaning a year after that is) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well everyone is giving lindsay shout outs so i thought i better write and say from one dad to a soon to be one, way to go Kell. We are pretty pumped for you two. ps the ultrasound looks like a boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!! we're so excited for you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats!!! Some fun times lay ahead! Get some sleep while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! I now we've never met, but I just found your blog from another friend's blog. My husband (Nathan Otto) and Kell were great friends growing up. I heard you guys live in Oregon. We are moving there at the end of the summer. Maybe we'll see you guys there! :) Tell Kell we say, "Hello!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. How have I not checked this forever and then stumble upon such GREAT NEWS!! This makes me so happy that you just took a test for the heck of it. This is the Best. I am practically in tears as my old lady boss snores right next to me. In one second I see the circle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im soooooo excited! Im going to come visit you in March 2011!!!!!

    ReplyDelete