Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Google Voice

(Kell here) For work we use Google Voice as a phone forwarding service so we can have multiple numbers forwarded to one phone. If I'm ever on a 3-way call, and receive a voicemail, Google Voice sends me a text with the message transcribed so I can read the message instead of having to listen to it. Most of the time I can figure out what it says, but sometimes it's pretty far off so I have to go listen to the message instead. Yesterday was one of those occasions. Here's what it said (I changed the phone number so I'm not spreading our customer's number around):

"Yeah the listing Thomas, State Farm, recommend you guys to New Jersey do the job, working with you guys. I've got. Nicole not 2 5 and got out of from when the okay. I've got a price on it. Love is voice sounded very proud. And my name is, P garments. Bye. Yeah. My number is 555-5555 ha. I'll be probably bags around. Steve today and most of the I'll be here."

I'd be amazed if any of you could translate that. New Jersey? I'm pretty sure we live in Arizona. Here are a few of my other favorites:

"Hi Dad, This is Bob trillion Danny came out and Blue the
tram down. But I don't think that came out very well."

"Hi this is. Very walls. 4 moves, 555-5555."

"Hey Kelly, Company from. And at Marbles office. We've got another wenches replacement. I call me back 555-5555."

My whole life I've hated it when people assume that my name is Kelly. Now even Google is doing it. Sometimes I wish Google would get better at transcribing, but then again, it makes for a good laugh. So never mind.

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome. My favorite one I ever got: http://ramblinginanity.blogspot.com/2010/08/google-voice-gives-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Wow, Google really threw in the towel on that one.

      Delete
  2. those are HILARIOUS!! i want to get it just for fun.

    ReplyDelete