9 months
I was scheduled to be induced September 20th if the babe didn't come on his own by then. I thought he was coming early so I didn't think much of it. But then came Wednesday night and still nothing was happening. So my parents decided to come down that evening to stay the night and watch Jovie for us the next day. I was determined that no matter what I was getting a shower before I went to the hospital. With Jovie it happened so fast that we had to leave in a rush and I missed the opportunity. The hospital said to call at 5am to find out when I should come in that day. So I woke up just before 3 so I could have a relaxing morning getting ready. Besides, I wasn't sleeping much anyway with all the anticipation. But when I woke up I was having a contraction. So I laid there for a ten minutes waiting until I had another one. I didn't want to get excited for nothing so I just got up and started getting ready. By the time I had showered and done my hair I knew it was the real deal. So I went in and told Kell he might want to get ready in case the contractions came on quickly. At 5 I called the hospital and told them I was going into labor naturally but they said I could come in at 6:45 anyway. Once Kell was ready we laid back down in bed and Kell recorded my contractions until it was time to go. We got into our room at about 7. They got me all ready and at 10 I got my epidural. But just like with Jovie it only worked on my left side due to my scoliosis. They tried to fix it two times with just more medicine but ended up redoing the IV an inch and a half higher on my back which they told me to tell the doctors to do with all my next epidurals. By the time that was all done it wasn't much longer that I was feeling the urge to push. They checked me and said I was ready. the doctor came in and I started pushing. I could tell right away that it was harder than with Jovie. I didn't even break a sweat with Jovie but I sweating like crazy now. And every time I pushed I could tell my face was turning bright red. TMI? After 24 minutes of pushing Finn finally decided to join us at 12:04pm. And I found out the reason pushing was so hard was because he decided to come out face up. Gooood thing I got an epidural. I've hear that babies coming out face up causes some crazy back pain and they're not as easy to push out. Twenty-four minutes might not seem that long but for my family and it being my second child he would have definitely come much faster if he was facing down. But in the end it didn't matter. They immediately put him on my belly and I got to stare at his goopy little face. It truly is an amazing thing looking down at what you've been carrying around for 9 months and falling in love instantly. Even if they are cone headed, covered in blood, and look like aliens.
Jovie didn't seem jealous at all. More so just curious. Luckily she's been really good with the baby. She LOVES to give him hugs and is so gentle with him. I can't believe we are a family of FOUR now!
Grandpa Bjorn gave Jovie a teddy bear in the hospital and so he kept the tradition going with Finn.
Finn cuddling with the hat daddy made for him. It doesn't fit him yet but it will be perfect in the winter.
Going home with baby. Grandpa Green got Jovie flowers when she was born so he also decided to keep up the tradition. So pretty.
so happy for you!!! it really is the most amazing experience on this earth!!! i'm so glad all went well. don't worry i was red-faced when i was pushing too. it's the best. he is beautiful!!! i can't believe kell made that hat!!! that is sooo impressive. he should start an etsy shop. :)
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope you come down for a visit soon :)
ReplyDeleteI love how candid you are! A goopy, cone-headed baby, alien baby! haha. Funny how that motherhood intuition doesn't care. He's a tiny little guy & so sweet. Congratulations, FAMILY OF FOUR!!! (that is crazy!) xo
ReplyDelete