Thursday, August 26, 2010

Since we moved to Tucson:

1. I saw a real thunder/lightning storm and I couldn't have been more excited. There was a bolt of lightning every second! The storm surrounded the whole city. The raindrops were the size of dimes. We have a covered porch in our backyard where we like to sit on our camp chairs and watch the storm. It's an interesting feeling to have it be pooring down rain and it's still 105 degrees outside.

2. I saw a scorpion for the first time...and it just so happened to be INSIDE our house. I was excitedly sitting on the floor in the new baby room going through all our baby stuff, which I might do too often, and looked over and saw it sitting right next to me. He was not welcome to sit next to me any longer.

3. The baby started kicking. Now she loves to kick me all the time. Especially after I eat, but maybe that's because there's usually a lot of sugar involved.

4. I touched a cactus. Kell and I were on a walk one night and I had the sudden desire to touch a cactus that we were passing. Since Tucson is a huge star viewing city they usually don't have street lights, which made this more difficult. But we managed to do it succesfully. No poked fingers. They're much tougher than I thought. That's pretty much all that naturally grows here. But since I've never really been around them it's pretty fun. You won't see one of those growing in Oregon!

3 comments:

  1. that is perfect lindsaypie! i can't believe you're going to be a mommy! yay!!! she's feisty, i love it. the scorpion would have freaked me out. i probably would have fainted & then he would have stung me and i would have died... how did you get rid of him? i hope kell was home to protect & defend you. xxxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe it myself! Luckily I have Kell around. He was on his way home so I stuck a glass cup over the scorpion and left him for Kell to take care of. I'm so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE lightening storms! That's so awesome! Not so awesome about the scorpion though.

    ReplyDelete