When we first found out we were having a baby I was so sure it was a boy...and so was everyone else. We picked out a boy name and we were completely set on it. Then I got my ultrasound and found out it was a girl! Of course, I didn't mind because I wanted a little girl in the first place, but coming up with a name that we love has been impossible. I'm so sick of looking at lists of thousands of baby names...most of which I can't even pronounce.
We're not into the traditional names. I think I get bored of them too fast. So the latest name we have really liked is Jovie, but it's definitely not a common name so a lot of people just think it's weird. Just thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys think. We won't be offended if you think it's hideous :) We like honesty.
P.S. Only 100 days until my due date!
Only 100 days?!?! Holy cow. That's not that far away. And I like Jovie! I think it's really cute. I've never heard it before.
ReplyDeleteI think Jovie would be awesome! It could pair well with a bad-A middle name too. I am so excited for you two! Mom Lindsay
ReplyDeleteyay for girls, andrea is having a girl too! and guess what, ariel is also pregnant! wow, everyone is having babies.. now i want one too.... 6 months till graduation, 6 months till graduation... I have to remind myself :) I like Jovie though, i think it's cute. I have an aunt named Jomie... kinda similar....
ReplyDeleteI think you and she would be tired of telling people, "No, not like John Francis Bongiovi, Jr., the American musician, singer, songwriter and actor, best known as the lead singer and founder of Bon Jovi."
ReplyDeleteThen again, any 60+ year old person I encounter asks me if I'm related to John Boy from the 70's hit TV show (in technicolor I might add) "The Waltons." So no name is completely safe.
Also, I think your little girl is going to be a gymnast, because I just watched her do 35 consecutive front flips. And for your sake Lindsay, I really hope that widget isn't an indications of what's really going on inside you.
ReplyDeletei think it's adorablE!!!! just like your blog background... cuuuuutie!!
ReplyDeleteI like Jovie, but I just thought of something. Jo. Do you like the nickname Jo? Cuz you gotta like any nickname that goes with a name you pick.
ReplyDeleteHow about Jove for the nickname? That's better.
ReplyDeleteI seriously can't believe you have a decorated baby room right now...and early. I've never had that. Just figured they don't know the difference when they're tiny anyway, but it looks great! Presh.
gag! I think Karlee is the coolest/cutest name for your baby. =) hehe
ReplyDeleteI didn't think we would have a decorated room either, but since I stay home all day I got bored and this is where my time went. We got everything from either Walmart, IKEA, or Dollar Tree so we didn't go too crazy. And yeah, we're still not sure about Jovie. Jo is a little manly for me. Sure hope we come up with one within 3 months!
ReplyDelete