Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Big Ugly Pigs



Sometimes it's a hassel to take a trip to the grocery store to get one thing. Kell came with me because he had nothing else to do. But, oh baby, was it worth it. It was just a regular night until we turned onto our street after returning from the store. It was dark but suddenly we saw many moving outlines on the side of the street. When we got closer we realized it was these pig looking animals, Javelinas to be exact, which really aren't even pigs, but they sure look like pigs to me. At first we saw two adults and a baby and we were pretty excited about that. Then we kept driving and we saw about five more along side of a house and some trampling through the neighbors flowers. Then we were even more excited. We were only about four houses down from all the action so we raced home and I ran in to get the camera. We drove back up the street but at this point they were all coming down the street toward the car. I discovered that taking pictures at night of moving objects it not the easiest thing. There ended up being about 30 of these things! They just kept coming. They just walked through the neighborhood like it was no big deal. Maybe I won't go walking at night anymore.




1 comment:

  1. ha ha, sweet quality pictures you got here. I've never heard of them. But they look JUST like warthogs in Africa. When I was a young warthog, WHEN I WAS A YOUNG WARTHOOOOOOG!!!! (Lion King). Anyway, crazy animals! I'm scared to come visit now. Maybe you should eat one for dinner and let us know how it tastes. Ew.

    ReplyDelete