Wednesday, January 18, 2012

You've had a birthday shout HOORAY!!

Jovie is ONE! Where did the year go? Time keeps speeding up! We love her so much it can't be put into words. We absolutely love every tiny thing she does. She makes us happier than we've ever been! What a great year! She changes so much each day and we can't wait for all the memories she'll bring us in future years.

We decorated a little for her birthday even though there were only a few people there. Next year we'll thrown a big shebang because she'll actually know what's going on. We just can't believe she's already one.


Cake before...

...cake after. And yes, those are real gumballs. We cut them in half. I cut a lot of them until I cut my finger, then Kell took over. And I didn't notice until just now that I didn't put a couple gumballs in the hole where they're supposed to come out from. Just pretend like they're there.

Too much temptation.



Once again she loved the wrapping paper more than the present. At least she decided to share with Daddy.

She's always loved playing with toy cars at other peoples' houses so we thought we'd get her a nice girly one. She loved it!

She loves playing with these balls. We fill up a big storage bin with them and throw her in. She also loves walking and crawling through them on the floor and swinging her hands and feet around as she goes.

Did I mention she really liked the car?

Getting ready for the big moment.

I might have helped her blow out her candle.
She just wanted to touch it.

Can you tell if it was successful or not? I wasn't surprised at all. In fact I would have been utterly amazed if she had dug in. She's not so much a fan of food. Her three main food groups are: cheerios, Ritz crackers, and graham crackers. It also didn't help that we forgot to take her clothes off until after the cake was in front of her. We had to rip them off of her real fast and she wasn't a fan of that.

Each time she barely touched the cake with her finger she would rip it back immediately and say "Oohhh" with a terrified face.

We tried out best to calm her down but she just wouldn't do it. So I went and fed her milk and brought her back for a second try.

She did much better on her no frosting attempt. I cut out some middle pieces for her and shoved them in her mouth. Maybe it helped that the cake had sugar in it. She ALWAYS puts her left leg up like this when I feed her. Love it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that cake is amazing!! I am very impressed.

    I can't believe she is already one. Time flies! Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious girl. I love her hair. It's such a pretty color (it got dark!) and she looks like a little movie star (pixie cut? Idk). What a great 1st birthday, the crying pictures are hilarious. Can't believe a year has passed. Before we know it Jude will be 1 and someone else will have a baby (Lindsey). Yes, I'm calling it. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kell and I both had blondish hair when we were younger so we are surprised at how dark it is too. But I guess that could still change this next year. She used to be so bald and then her hair finally came in all at the same time so it's even and we love it! She gets compliments all the time because most girls sport the mullet for a couple years. I'm sure we'll get there soon enough though :) And yes, maybe Lindsey...or YOU!

    ReplyDelete