My neighbor told us about a festival that was going on last Saturday and we had to go. Who could pass up an opportunity to see an ostrich race? Plus there were rides, music and lots of food. Count me in.
And they're off!! There were three ostriches racing and only one guy managed to stay on. The other two guys were aimlessly running after their 9 ft giantess birds. Oh yeah, pretty official. But it was definitely worth the laughs.
They even had chariot races. This time the other two guys stayed on for about half the race until they crashed. Good work guys.
Gotta love the giant blow up Ronald McDonald. Actually, I've always thought he was kinda scary, like a clown. But I was happy because they were handing out free smoothies!
Jovie loves animals. She was pretty fearless and would have touched these goats if I would have let her. But they stank and it grossed me out. Maybe when she's older.
They had some random events going on. This one was pretty fun. Anyone could sign up and bring their dog and try to get him to jump the furthest into the water.
Apparently this baboon was pretty famous and just finished a movie with Tom Cruise. He did back flips and stuffed about five whole bananas in his cheeks.
And of course you can't go to a festival without eating some kind of unhealthy outrageously overpriced food. I also succeeded in accumulating enough candy from random promotions to fill up two pockets full in our diaper bag. The only promotion I was really interested in was one where they had a baby exhibit showing the growth of a baby every four weeks. So amazing!
I've totally heard of that ostrich festival! So funny!
ReplyDelete