Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dr. Check Up & Easter

Yesterday we took Jovie to the doctor for her 15 month check up. Let me just say that when I was 24 months I was 32 and 3/8 inches. Jovie is 15 months and 32 and 1/2 inches. Jovie is taller at 15 moths than I was at 24! Can you guess where she gets that from? Not me! She's just barely over the 95th percentile for height. Her weight is only about the 30th percentile. We are sure she's just preparing to be a star basketball player.

On Easter we took Jovie in the back room and secretly hid way too many eggs for her to find. Then I put her Easter basket right outside the door from where she was obliviously being held hostage. The excitement was building. What would she do? Would she care? Would she just grab one egg, want to play with it, and be done? This was my realistic guess...but no! We opened the door, she walked to the basket, picked it up, carried it down the hall, spotted the first egg, grabbed it, put it in her mouth for a second and then, put it right in her Easter basket!!! We might have been screaming with excitement. We are so easily amused these days with anything Jovie does :) She then proceeded to be a pro egg hunter with no practice beforehand. That's my girl!

This is her putting her first egg in the basket. I may have taken over 200 pictures of this event. But don't worry, we deleted most of them in the end.

Spotting the next egg.



Once she had accumulated a good amount of eggs she got so excited that she would shake her basket so much they would all fly out onto the floor. She was a happy girl. After which she would run somewhere else and do it all over again.




Jovie was pretty excited about the "grass" too.


2 comments:

  1. She looks just like you, my gosh! She always always has a smile!!!! Glad she had fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her pigtails are soooo cute. She is getting so big! I HEAVILY approve of the basketball star idea.

    ReplyDelete