Friday, May 25, 2012

3rd Anniversary

We decided to have a low key anniversary this year.  For lunch we went out for some sushi, which was the first time we've gotten sushi since we've been married.  It was delicious.  I love leaving a restaurant not completely stuffed and sick, just very satisfied.  Then we decided to pick up some ice cream down the street at Target.  I have this thing for cotton candy ice cream.  I know, I'm like a little kid.  But anyway, it was only available at a Target kind of far away from our house but since it was our anniversary we wanted to get it anyway.

On our way there after lunch we saw a farmers market and decided to check it out.  They had some peach orchards that we drove down just to check it out.  We were in the process of turning around when low and behold, our car died.  And wouldn't start!  I don't think I've ever driven down a dusty dirt road the whole time I've lived in Arizona.  But the one time we do our car decides that's the time to not work anymore.  So there we were.  Stuck in the over 100 degree weather, way down a dirt road, with a one year old, and no way of accessing a tow truck.  So we therefore took our journey.  Our stroller would have been a nightmare on that bumpy dirt road so I picked Jovie up and we started walking.  Luckily there was a little shop were they sold fruits and vegetables that they had grown on the farm.  They were nice enough to let us borrow their phone book and Kell started calling random towing companies.  The first one said it would take an hour and a half to get there.  Uh, no thanks!  The next guy said it would be 35 minutes.  So for that time I pushed Jovie up and down the isles 649 times in a mini shopping cart so that she wouldn't scream from boredom.  Which she did anyway.  Luckily snacks and water kept her preoccupied in the end.  Funny thing is I could tell you every kind of candy and what the price was for each of them but nothing about the fruits and veggies covering each isle.  I have issues.

So, the tow truck finally arrived and  we were expecting to ride in our car as it was being towed because the lady Kell talked to said we could.  Turns out that's illegal.  So we all crammed in the front of truck.  I was not feeling good about this at all because that meant Jovie wouldn't have a seat belt.  But what else could I do?  We were desperate.  So we took the car to the shop and got dropped off at home.  Just in time for Jovie's second nap.  When she woke up we walked a block to Walgreen's to pick up some candy in place of the cotton candy ice cream we didn't get.  That was postponed until today when I go pick it up.  Let's hope the car doesn't break down again.  We finished off our night by eating too much candy and watching a movie.  What a romantic anniversary.  Well, at least we won't forget this one.

4 comments:

  1. Happy 3 years! 3 years and 2 babies? You guys are awesome.
    & you look adorable. Seriously, if I look half as darling as you when I'm pregnant I'll be happy. You make a hottie prego Mom! Kell is TOO lucky :) Are you have a girl or boy? Names?
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're too nice! We're having a little boy. We still like the name Finn so we'll probably stick with it but we're not set on a middle name yet.

      Delete
  2. That reminds me of that one time in Idaho when your ancient Toyota broke down and we had to borrow your cousin's car to go get it and the window wouldn't stop screeching the whole way there! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I don't know if I want to remember that. That was so nice of you to drive ALL that way for me. Sheesh.

      Delete