Monday, November 26, 2012

Holidays

 Well it's been awhile since we have posted any pictures.  Turns out having 2 kids is pretty time consuming.  So here's a quick overview of our celebration of the Holidays so far:

I've been wanting to dress up like the original Willie Wonka for awhile, so this year I went for it.  It was all pretty simple except for making the hat.  That took longer than expected.  Lindsay found the kids' costumes online.  Jovie was the cutest witch ever and Finn in his Shark get-up was ferocious.  We were so proud of Jovie when we went trick-or-treating.  At the first door when she saw the lady put some candy in her bucket, she was all for it!  She would say, "knock knock" when we approached each door and said "Thank you" after most people gave her candy.  She even kept her hat on!  It was really fun.  Now she says, "bucket?" when she wants candy. 

 Hmm...they look similar.

 We really wanted to get a good family picture on Thanksgiving at my parents' house, but Jovie was NOT happy about it.  We tried to give her a treat while we were taking pictures but that only kept her from screaming.  Definitely no smiles from her in any of the pictures.  This is about the best one we got. 

 We decided that the day after Thanksgiving is going to be our day to decorate for Christmas each year.  So here we are in our festive PJs all ready listen to Bing Crosby songs and kick off the season.  (Even though Finn is in blue and white, there are little penguins on the front; close enough)

 We let Jovie help put some ornaments on our mini tree and she loved it...except when she learned that she had to leave them there.

Not a holiday celebration here, but this is Finn as of yesterday.  Crazy that he is already over 2 months old.

5 comments:

  1. I love your costume, Kell! I told Kevin I was reading about Jovie and asked him if he remembered Jovie. He seemed confused. :)
    So sad! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph is OBSESSED with your costume. He says it's the coolest one he has ever seen. Also, Jovie is like a full-blown child! Baby no more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is her hair red?!?! What a sweet family. So glad to hear that you all are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny because we're not really sure where the red came from. It's mostly just red when there's florescent lighting or when the sun is shining on it. I think eventually it will just be light brown. I guess time will tell.

    ReplyDelete