Thought I should post this before Valentine's Day rolled around. Finn is FINALLY taking good naps and sleeping good at night so I will be able to post more instead of desperately trying to get sleep any chance I can. Here's Jovie making Christmas cookies with Dad and cousin Kayden at Grandma and Grandpa Bjorn's.
I think they were trying to make funny faces.
Remember Jovie on her birthday? Apparently we forgot about her fear of frosting until this night. But, ohhh, did we remember it after that! Once we gave her a frosting free cookie she cheered right up...naturally.
Eating another cookie.
This was a big step for Jovie. She used to be so shy and stand off-ish around everyone but suddenly over the course of a week or so she became care free. Well, almost.
This is little Finners at 3 months. He's wearing a shark shirt but you can only see the fin in it. Can you guess why we like him to wear shark clothes?
A little more of the new care-free Jovie. We've been waiting for her to come out. She really does have way more fun around other kids now...what a relief. Here are a few Green Christmas pictures.
Grandpa Green
We drove home on Christmas morning. After many horrible experiences driving in the evening traffic between Portland and Seattle (one including Finn blowing out of his diaper and Jovie puking all over the car) we decided that mornings were the only option. After we got home Jovie took and nap and woke up to more Christmas presents!
Lovin the new Elmo slippers.
Jovie's holding an "ice cube" that lights up. It was some promotional thing that was sent to Kell at work. He almost threw it away until he realized it would be a great stocking stuffer. Kids don't know the difference, right?
Kell's parents and grandma came over that night to open, yet, more Christmas presents.
Is it weird that I like to leave wrapping paper on the floor after opening presents? I think it gives it a little Christmasy feel. Okay, so I'm weird. I actually asked Kell if he would stop cleaning up the paper because I wanted to leave it for that night. (do you see something small and cute?)
Once again, more Christmas. This was our final Christmas adventure with the Bjorn side. We had to delay it because some of us were out of town on Christmas. Jovie's playing with her cousin Kyler here. She especially likes playing with kids smaller than her. She must feel like she has authority over them. We better watch out!
Have I ever mentioned that Jovie loves to stand still to get her picture taken? Here is proof.
All three brothers had a new baby last year.
We loved Christmas this year. There is something special about the pure excitement kids have. It really brings it alive. Of course, most importantly, we got to celebrate (although we can always do this) the birth of Christ. And we need Him more than anything in this world.
I was just thinking about you guys the other day, wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad Finn is sleeping better and I'm happy for Jovie to be coming out of her shell. It's hard to imagine we were both pregnant when I last saw you, it seems like it was so long ago. I love your Christmas post and can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeletePlease blog more and more and more! Your two babes are so cute and so big! Why is she afraid of frosting? That's so funny. I miss you! Linds(e/a)ys unite!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good question! Personally, I think she's crazy. The frosting is my favorite part! I don't think she likes to touch wet or slimy things. Funny girl. Miss you too! (Pretend like I'm running toward you with my fist in the air) "Lind(e/a)ys unite!"
DeleteSo I noticed that Jovie's stocking is knitted was that done by you Kell? - Matt Harris
ReplyDeleteGood eye. But no, Lindsay's mom knits one of those for everyone in the family. They're pretty awesome!
DeleteYou have a couple of cuties! So fun. Miss you guys...
ReplyDeleteWe miss you! Post some more so we can see you guys and your cute little baby! Is he dribbling between his legs and shooting 3's already?
Delete